I made a microfinance presentation on Saturday at Off The Map’s Revolution Conference. As requested by participants, here are the Powerpoint slides I used to for my session called “The Microfinance Revolution”.
A few other references I made in our discussion and links on microfinance:
- Introduction to microfinance
- Banker to the Poor — autobiographical book by 2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner, Muhammud Yunus
- Kiva.org — Inside scoop on future directions for Kiva’s microfinance marketplace and my experience investing with Kiva
- Trend towards for-profit microfinance
- Results/impact of microfinance and a critique on microfinance’s effectiveness
Please posts comments here on feedback on this session.